SpecificationsMax Output — White Light 4500 lumens
Runtime:* 80 minutes / Unlimited**
Length: 13.75 inches
Bezel Diameter: 4.50 inches
Weight w/ Batteries: 5.8 pounds
Batteries: 1 Rechargeable
* Until battery is discharged and turns unit off
*** 80 min w/included batt. / Unlimited runtime w/external power
DescriptionARC2-8C – 084871321045
The SureFire ARC2-8C handheld spotlight/searchlight uses an ultra-high-output HID (high-intensity discharge) lamp and a deep, mirror-finish reflector that create a 4,500-lumen, 730,000 candela beam with a maximum effective reach in excess of 1,600 meters, yet provides a wide cone of peripheral light for situational awareness and enhanced patrol or search efficacy, making it perfect for military, law enforcement, border patrol, search-and-rescue, maritime, and other spotlight/searchlight applications. The filament-free HID lamp, virtually immune to failure from recoil, vibration, or impact, will last for thousands of hours.
The ARC2-8C can be powered in three different ways:
• An included integral lithium-ion rechargeable battery handle (the ARC2-BATT-8C, which can be bought separately as a replacement part or backup unit) that can power the ARC2-8C for 80 minutes. A 90% discharged ARC2-8C battery handle can typically be brought up to 80% capacity in about 90 minutes. An LED indicator lets you instantly see the approximate battery charge level:
• Solid Green — 100% charge
• Flashing Green — 90 to 70% charge
• Yellow — 70% to 30% charge
• Solid Red — 30% to 10% charge
• Flashing Red — less than 10% charge
Due to advanced lithium-ion technology, the ARC2-8C’s light output remains constant until the battery is discharged; there is no gradual output decrease as battery charge decreases.
• An included vehicle accessory outlet, (“cigarette lighter” sockets) supplying from 11 to 32 VDC. The included cable plugs into the accessory socket on one end and the ARC2-8C at the other end.
• An optional AC-to-DC plug-in power supply/battery charger with integral cable; simultaneously powers the ARC2-8C and recharges its integral battery. Works with international power systems. Power supply cables with remote switches are available. The ARC2-8C also features an integral rear-located momentary/constant-on pushbutton switch, which also serves as a backup switch should a remote cable switch assembly be damaged or otherwise fail.
The ARC2-8C accepts the same optional removable screw-in colored filters or optional semi-permanent swing-open colored filters that fit the SureFire HellFighter 5. The head of the ARC2-8C can also be easily removed from the battery/handle and attached to any watercraft or vehicle via an optional Universal Vehicle Mount. The head of the ARC2-8C, which is the ARC2, can be bought separately.
Built to withstand combat conditions, the ARC2-8C features sealed components constructed from high-strength aerospace aluminum finished in Mil-Spec Type III hard anodizing, and it is waterproof to 1 meter depth. The lamp assembly is protected by a 3mm coated tempered glass window, and the window itself can be protected from dust, mud, and heavy particle impact by optional removable screw-on colored filters, or optional semi-permanent swing-open colored filters. All ARC2-8C power cables now feature a high-strength polymer sheathing that makes them thin, light, flexible, yet extremely durable. Reflector, lamp, and rechargeable battery unit are field-replaceable. A tough polymer carrying case is available as an option.For a more compact handheld spotlight/searchlight with many similar features, see our ARC3.
- 4,500-lumen HID lamp virtually immune to failure from impact
- Maximum effective beam reach in excess of 1,600 meters
- Reflector provides extreme reach and significant peripheral illumination
- Rechargeable battery in handle provides 80 minutes of runtime
- Includes 11V – 32V DC vehicle power supply cable
- Can be instantly re-activated when hot
- Screw-on or swing-open filters available
- Integral momentary/constant-on pushbutton switch; available remote switches
- Constructed from high-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; coated, tempered window
- Field-replaceable lamp/reflector and battery
- O-ring and gasket sealed, waterproof to 1 meter