SpecificationsOutput / Runtime — White Light
High: 500.0 lumens / 2.25 hours**
Low: 5.0 lumens / 67 hours*
Tactical Runtime: 2.25 hours
Length: 5.8 inches
Bezel Diameter: 1.1257 inches
Weight w/ Batteries: 4.2 ounces
Batteries: 2 123A (included)
* Runtime per ANSI standard
** Runtime (at highest setting for multiple-output lights) until output drops below 50 lumens.
DescriptionEB2C-A-BK – 084871321518
EB2T-A-BK – 084871321532
The EB2 Backup is a slender, compact dual-output flashlight with a stunning 500-lumen maximum output that can be used as a primary or backup light for patrol officers or a duty light for plainclothes officers. It’s also ideal for everyday-carry, self-defense, or outdoor applications. The EB2 features an ultra-high-output, virtually indestructible LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens that create a high-intensity beam optimized for both reach and situational awareness.
There are two EB2 Backup models to choose from, differing in the type of tailcap switching:
Click-type switch – Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on high output; press further to click constant-on high. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for low output.
Tactical switch – Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on low output; press further for momentary-on high output. Release to turn light off. Twist tailcap clockwise for constant-on low and then high output.
The EB2’s max-output 500-lumen beam is ideal for identifying potential threats and overwhelming their vision. Its five-lumen low-output setting is perfect for reading a map, checking an ID, or navigating in low light with minimal degradation of your dark-adapted vision. The EB2 Backup can run at this low-output level for 67 hours on a set of two 123A lithium batteries, a valuable feature for outdoor, emergency, or other uses where you may not have easy access to spare batteries.
A tough, lightweight Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body protects the EB2’s sophisticated electronics, and its smooth contours minimize clothing snag and pressure points. A two-way clip permits secure head-up or head-down carry, as well as field-expedient hands-free lighting if clipped to the bill or brim of a hat. Available with either of the above listed tailcap switches in Black or Desert Tan.
For a smaller, lighter-weight version of this flashlight, see our one-battery EB1 Backup.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels — high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with plenty of reach and enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard anodized for extreme durability
- Choice of two models with distinct tailcap switch options: tactical type and click-type; see details under Description
- Two-way clip permits light to be carried bezel up or down
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Available in Black and Desert Tan
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life